Tag Archives: cover photo
Facebook deployed its changes to Pages at the end of March, transitioning all Fan/Business Pages to a timeline format.
Aside from dealing with the frustration of having to adapt—yet again—to Facebook’s changes, many business owners are wondering how the new timeline will benefit the online presence of their business.
Here’s the lowdown on some of the new features:
Timeline Cover Photo
- The new banner-like cover photo for the Facebook Timeline is big—big enough to make the business’ Page stand out.
- Facebook mandates that cover photos do not include price or purchase information, contact information, references to the “Like” or “Share” button or call to actions.
- Brands can add up to 21 apps to their Timeline and are able to choose four to showcase on the Page.
- Businesses are able to customize the name and photo that appears for each application (except the built-in apps like Photos, Likes, etc).
- Only four apps show up at once, so users visiting Pages must click an arrow to show the rest of the applications on the Page.
- Designating an app as a landing Page is no longer available—the timeline will automatically be the default when users visit the Page.
- Brands can highlight important posts by pinning a post to the top of their timeline.
- Only one post can be pinned at a time.
- Pinned posts only last for seven days and then return to their normal spot on the timeline.
- Brands can also highlight content in the timeline, allowing you to stretch an image or post across the entire timeline, making it more visually appealing.
So, there you have it. The new timeline format seems like it will be a beneficial change for Brands on Facebook. Sure, there are some features that will take getting used to. But love it or hate it, the timeline is here to stay. That is, until Zuckerberg rolls out the next round of changes.